Sunday, July 18, 2010

Some important things to know

Everywhere I go, I look for home.

“Home” is different every time. It comes upon me suddenly, in the middle of cluttered, loud, wonderful moments: on a front porch with red chairs and twenty friends, or in the wild excitement of a thunderstorm, in the daily messes and stresses that life likes to tumble our way –

Home is a mosaic, then, of places and people and memories. Often home is where I don’t expect. Or when I expect to find it, it isn’t there. I do know one thing, though: Wherever I feel the presence of God, I find home there too every time.

I went to Africa looking for the presence of God. Hoping to see the Holy Spirit move mountains before my eyes, to see miracles and feel His indwelling and watch hearts change.

I went to Africa and learned that these things do happen.

But.

I also learned a few other things. Like:

-Just because I want to see all these things happen doesn’t mean I will.

-Just because I don't see these things doesn't mean they're not happening.

- so trust matters.

- and little things matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment